Search and Recover
- The new SmartScan technology ignores irrelevant junk files, making it easier to get back only those files you truly need.
- The enhanced StrongScan technology performs a byte-level search that can detect the faintest remnants of lost data, even on unbootable, damaged, or formatted media, and even years after files were lost!
- The new TotalRecovery tool automatically recovers and saves data for an entire disk or drive. Make sure the file is the right one before recovery: you can preview photos, movies, songs, .htm files, and more. Save recovered data directly onto a CD or DVD for archiving or safekeeping.
- Drive imaging technology provides a powerful emergency recovery and backup solution by creating a mirror copy of all files, not just those you can see. Sensitive information can be completely and securely deleted from a PC or digital device.
- Find and recover deleted, lost, or damaged files from drives
- Recover data from all drives and format types
- Recover deleted data from CD-RW/DVD-RW
- Recover deleted files to writable CD/DVD media directly
- Recover data from formatted drives and lost partitions
- Preview files, pictures, songs, documents, and more before recovery
- Recover deleted Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape, Thunderbird, and Eudora email
- Recover Outlook Calendar tasks, notes, journal addresses, etc.
- Securely delete any file or folder, overwriting up to 100 times, directly from the Windows context menu
- Remove and sanitize items that have already been deleted
- Create and use emergency disk images with compression
- Create a clone of any drive, CD, or DVD
Search and Recover is a software which enables you to locate and retrieve files that were previously deleted from your computer.
The user interface of the program is simple and intuitive. You can set Search and Recover to retrieve deleted image, video and audio files, along with emails, or all files and folders.
So, you can get started by specifying the driver or device you want to look into.
In matter of search options, you can use SmartScan technology to improve search results and perform a sector-level search by using StrongScan technology.
During a scanning job, you can view the progress, remaining time and total files found. It can be canceled at any time.
Once results are displayed, you can view the name, prognosis, location, format and size of each file. Select whichever ones you want to get back and click the option to “Recover this file”. Optionally you can terminate a file.
In the “Options” menu, you can set the program to truncate file names that exceed 255 characters with a specific text, specofy the maximum size for automatic image preview and the action to take when an email message is recovered (e.g. keep original read status), and more.
The program takes up a moderate-to-high amount of system resources and includes a comprehensive help file. No errors have popped up during our tests.
However, the trial version is severely limited and we are not able to accurately evaluate this product. Also, we couldn't find a way to retrieve more than one file at a time.
The fact of the matter is that Search and Recover certainly looks like a program with plenty of potential but due to the trial's limitations, we can only suggest you test it for yourself.
Specification: Search and Recover
There are no reviews yet.